Hi there!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TessV, May 15, 2016.

1. TessV

TessV

Hello, I just found the forum and the timing is pretty good since I'm a relatively new laptop owner. I've stuck with desktops over the years, but my most recent one died a few weeks back and I inherited my husband's laptop so that he can buy a newer and shinier one. I'm using it mostly as a pseudo-desktop still, it's sitting on a cooling pad on my desk with a second monitor and a wired mouse hooked up to it, but I did take it to school twice during finals week.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to doing a ton of reading and asking questions as they pop up, and I'm glad I found the forum.

TessV, May 15, 2016
  2. TessV

something back

Welcome to the laptop forums site.

There's little difference using a laptop compared to a desktop pc.

Laptop internal parts are mostly soldered in, you will be able to replace things
    like the hard drive, ram, fan, keyboard, and lcd screen however.

Very little maintenance is needed

The main thing is to once every two years or so use a compressed air can to blow
    the dust, and fluff from the vents.

something back, May 15, 2016
  3. TessV

Sefie

Hi there, Tess! Lovely avatar picture, by the way :) As something back has already mentioned, laptops are very low maintenance computers :) I also made the transition from a PC to a laptop, but that was a while ago. I as at first a bit afraid the laptop would be more troublesome, but amazingly enough that was never the case! I had more troubles with the PC than with my laptop!

Sefie, May 15, 2016
Ask a Question