Hi there and please help with my RAM issue

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by bambam, Aug 25, 2010.

1. bambam

bambam

Hi there,

I know a lot of people have probably asked similar questions and I apologise for asking something that may already have been answered. I have tried to find the answer by googling and searching the forum but haven't found a definitive answer.....

I got an AAO 110 ages ago, and have really not used it at all. I did put Ubuntu NR on it, and also upgraded the RAM to 1.5GB. After the upgrade performance was dramatically increased although the BIOS reports still only 512 MB.

As the performance was notably better i just ignored it, knowing that the same thing had happened to others (at the time).

I now want to make it into a hackbook by installing Snow leopard on it but because the BIOS says there is only 512MB RAM it wont install. I seriously want this to work and from my reading on the forum it appears that a BIOS flash may be the way forward.

It is currently running 3109, so i would assume that going for 3309 would be the way to go. I am comfortable doing this and screw it, will probably just go for it anyway, but a yay or nay would be massively appreciated if there is such an answer.....

Sorry for the long post, I promise if i can get it working i will post a guide if one hasn't been written already....

*forget my inane ramblings, after continuing the search i think i might have stumbled upon the answers....

bambam, Aug 25, 2010
  2. bambam

HappyH

If you really want Snow leopard on it you're gonna have to flash the BIOS, no way round it I can see.
    Good luck with it,
    HH.

HappyH, Sep 10, 2010
Ask a Question