Hi, Really need some help. Aspire one startup repair

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by danny85, Feb 1, 2012.

1. danny85

danny85

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with my aspire one notebook. When i switch it on it goes through a " startup repair is checking your system for problems " ten after a few seconds i have two boxes that pop up. The top box being, startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically. Sending more information can help microsoft create solutions. Then i get two options, send information about this problem ( recommended ) or don't send.

The box below says..

Windows cannot repair this computer automatically

If you have recently attached a device to this computer, such as a camera or portable music player, remove it and restart your computer. If you continue to see tis message, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Click finish to exit and shut down your computer.

Pictures of boxes below

box one
    [​IMG]

box two
    [​IMG]

If anyone needs any more information, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance

Dan

danny85, Feb 1, 2012
  2. danny85

rudro2009

If this is the case for me i would try the "diskpart" method with Command prompt and if it fails then i would setup windows again. What did you do?

rudro2009, May 28, 2012
  3. danny85

Swarvey Moderator

If you click on the "View Problem Details" button there, it might give some more insight as to what is happening and when, with regards to the startup issue. I've seen the Vista and 7 startup "repair" fail many times.

What were you doing with / to the computer before it began throwing up error codes?

If you try to make it boot normally (skipping startup repair if it asks) does it give you a quick flash of a BSOD? If it does, boot while tapping the F8 key to bring up the boot menu, choose the option to not automatically restart in the event of system failure. When it crashes, there'll be a BSOD on the screen with a code you can use to diagnose and repair.

Swarvey, May 28, 2012
Ask a Question