Hi All, ..... Noob Alert! :)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by woodland, Dec 16, 2008.

1. woodland

woodland

Hi ALL,

This forum really looks like the place to be when when you own an Acer Aspire One. The, amount and quality of available info is just what a newbie needs. So far you guys have already answered most if not all of my questions... in fact I'm 'blaming" you people for the fact that i've ordered the A110Ab (linpus) it will be delivered this Saturday and i must admit i can hardly wait for Saturday (four more nights ;) ).
    My first computer was a Sinclair ZX81 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_ZX81 , for those who have no idea what i'm talking about, and now it's sort of a back in a new and improved version that's really useful and the environment is finally up to par.

Hope i'll be able to contribute a little to this forum and once again Thx! for convincing me to buy the Acer: i feel dead sure this will be one of the best purchases i've ever made.

Regards,
    Woodland

woodland, Dec 16, 2008
  2. woodland

scooby222

you wont be disappointed iv put a vlighted version of ultimate on mine works great.loved the comment zx81 brought back memories of extra ram pack tape deck and flight simulator

scooby222, Dec 16, 2008
  3. woodland

woodland

@scooby222
    Rofl... wasn't it a whopping, incredible 16 K expansion pack? i had that 2.
    Can't quite remember the flight simulator..could be age or maybe i never had it. To be honest you made me think about what the H i was running on that machine.. :?:
    I do remember modifying it.. i had a real qwerty keyboard at one point actually working, much nicer and easier than the original keyboard.

woodland, Dec 16, 2008
  4. woodland

lohtse

I still have my speccy 128k plus 400 games which I got when I was 14!!!! Dam I feel old now :shock: :cry:

Anyway welcome to the forums... You will NOT regret getting a netbook one of my best purchases for sometime(and only had it just over a week!!).Now wouldn't be without it. I got mine to complement my laptop when away(they often chat :D ) ) but has now become my primary machine and laptop is use mainly for entertainment and gaming....

I Would hightly recommend TinyVista and TinyXP....Excellent and fast too...

regard
    Andrew

lohtse, Dec 16, 2008
  5. woodland

woodland

@Lohtse
    Rofl you feel old... i got it when i was 21 or 22... the big 5 O is staring me right in the face (it's a scary dude)

I'm (pleasantly) surprised by your recommendation with regards to xp an vista.
    How much RAM do you have installed? Mine only has 512 which i consider not be enough for WinXp let alone Vista. I have the empty socket so i could get an extra 1 mb installed.

woodland, Dec 16, 2008
  6. woodland

info

Hey Woodland,
    If you were around in the days of the Sinclair, I think you are really going to enjoy the heck out of AAO. It's like a dream come true. :D

info, Dec 16, 2008
  7. woodland

lohtse

I'm not that old thank fully!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

As to XP well tinyXP was built for 64meg or more ram machines originaly so 512meg is way more than enough(I have 1.5gig in mine :D ) Would def recommend do the ram upgrade as you can never have to much... Also TinyVista should run ok with 512 was built for 256meg machines and up...

As to Infos comment on dream machine he's not far from the truth... these machines are dam fine......

I use mine for everything from video/photo editing to Land and cave surveying(yep it's been down a hole to day!!!!! :p and was at home) to full cross country/road/air and marine navigation!!!! and then of course for a little web browsing,emailing and the odd report or two!!!.Oh and a game every now and then....

They are simply just perfect due to their size and power...

Dam I love them(but don't tell my partner she will be jealous :lol: :lol: )

regards
    Andrew

lohtse, Dec 16, 2008
  8. woodland

woodland

@Lohtse
    hodi mihi, cras tibi (today it's me, tomorrow it's you ;) )

I fully agree with your statement(s) on RAM.. i bought the version with 512Mb because it was the only one i could get without WinXp and a HardDrive. I have rather strong feelings and reasons for that (look in the post: SSD or HD)

ROFL... i promise you I won't if you don't tell mine that i've already fallen in love with an "untested" other, four more nights; X-Mas will be early this year :D

woodland, Dec 16, 2008
Ask a Question