Help to get rid of viruses and adware on my laptop?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by bishvabis, Nov 18, 2011.

1. bishvabis

bishvabis

i have a hp laptop, which is running windows 7 (originally vista), and i have avg antivirus, which has been on it the length of time it has been running windows 7. however i seem to have adware on my laptop and cant get it off. i need help, because i am rather clueless with technology.

i have done a whole computer scan and it says 2 of the viruses are adware generic4.cdbg, which are the ones that are a threat. how do i get rid of these as my laptop crashes due to forced removal, which is the only way it will allow me to remove them
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    valuepointdistribution

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    bishvabis, Nov 18, 2011
  2. bishvabis

Swarvey Moderator

Try this little tool. It's called GMER. With it you can identify and remove problem files. It's a little bit advanced and not for noobs (you can really destroy an operating system with it) but is VERY powerful.

http://www.gmer.net/

Swarvey, Nov 18, 2011
Ask a Question