Help - Specific crash with 1920 X 1080 setting.

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ultralight, Jan 14, 2009.

1. ultralight

ultralight

Converting my dad from Asus EEE to the AA1. Took me a number of hours to resolve all the issues and I'm down to this one issue for him to use the AA1 happily after I persuaded him to make the switch. (Better keyboard, white color for his eyes when lights are dim etc.)

Anyways, I installed software that works with a writing pad for him to write Chinese directly into the word processing software. He hooks this up to an external LCD that runs native 1920 by 1080. (1080p) Out put via the VGA port.

With any resolution at 1280 by 768 or under ported out through the VGA cable, the notebook works beautifully. Flawless.

However, when we bump the resolution up higher including 1920 by 1080, the writing recognition works for about 5 characters and then freezes up. A message pops up saying that "FWRITE32.EXE" causes some kind of fault. I have to shut down the software and restart the software while bumping the resolution back down to 1280 by 768 to make it work reliably.

In this case, I believe that fwrite32 is legitimate and part of that character recognition suite.

Question:
    1. Any guesses as to what causes this?
    2. How to resolve it?
    3. There's a possibility that there's not enough video RAM. How can I set this a bit higher and test?

Incidentally, I'm not even sure if the native 1gb RAM can be upgraded.

Thanks in advance for any help.

UL

ultralight, Jan 14, 2009
  2. ultralight

ultralight

Sorry, forgot to subscribe. Subscribing.

Thanks,
    UL

ultralight, Jan 14, 2009
  3. ultralight

naeemsta

Hmm first upgrade to 1.5 Gb ram

then do this
    get AT1ct or something like that its called
    it will make your pc Faster.
    !
    also Update BIOS :D

naeemsta, Jan 16, 2009
  4. ultralight

ultralight

Thanks. What's AT1ct? Sorry but this is our first Aspire one....:)

Thanks,
    UL

ultralight, Jan 16, 2009
Ask a Question