HELP! Significant slow down on AA1

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by tyks, Mar 28, 2010.

1. tyks

tyks

Hey guys...

I have a AOA150-1423 that for whatever reason is suffering from extreme performance degradation.

This occurs from the moment Windows begins to boot. Screen that displays "Windows is starting up" already loads with a refresh rate of what seems like 2 fps...
    Windows login is easily 3 to 4 times longer than usual for no apparent reason.

Safe mode yields similar results... has anyone else experienced anything like this?

my guess is hardware failure somewhere, but where? Hard disk? I don't hear any struggling HDD controller usually apparent with failing drives...
    This occurred after my parents used the laptop, watching videos all day. What chance could it be with the video card?

Besides the extreme slowness, the laptop functions just fine.

I'm completely puzzled...

tyks, Mar 28, 2010
  2. tyks

melhiore

You may try CCleaner, Defrag, SpyBot Search and Destroy, Antivirus etc... It may be problem with performance of the system - first two tools or f.e. worm trying to get an access to your network - another two tools...

melhiore, Mar 28, 2010
  3. tyks

unp0ssible

is the sound choppy or stuttering? i've owned two AA1's and have had the same problem on both of them with the EXTREME slow downs. and apparently it was caused by the internal speaker vibrating the hard drive while it was in use which somehow borked either the partition or the installation of windows...so after i reformatted and reinstalled windows it was back to normal.

unp0ssible, Mar 31, 2010
Ask a Question