help setting up my email account to the linux email

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by thejester, Oct 29, 2008.

1. thejester

thejester

i have only just bought an acer aspire one the other day and must say it has been pound for pound one of the best buys i have made in a long time its small and handles everything i needed it for however im having a problem with my email im with ntlworld (now virginmedia) and followed the step by step guide in the acer mail help but when i get to verifying the account/connecting it takes ages and says something like server unreachable try again later, at first i thought it was a problem with virgin however checked it on my outlook on my desktop pc and it works fine i have double checked all my settings and cant seem to see anything obviously wrong

can anyone please help me out or give me some suggestions.

thanks

thejester, Oct 29, 2008
  2. thejester

joseph

You have to type the POP3. and STMP. in front of blueyonder in the boxes also make sure you use the user name supplied by the server hope this helps i have blueyonder and have no problems

joseph, Oct 29, 2008
  3. thejester

thejester

thanks for the reply still cant get it to work.

i must be doing something wrong better keep trying blue yonder is now virgin so shouldnt be a problem

thejester, Oct 29, 2008
  4. thejester

joseph

Whoops its SMTP. bit of a type error sorry about that :oops:

joseph, Oct 29, 2008
  5. thejester

cranski

I am having a similar problem. Tried various email programs but all I get is bad username or password, both of whiich I know are correct. Webmail works as it should. Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

cranski, Dec 3, 2008
  6. thejester

tonyk100

Thanks for providing the answer I was also at a loss. the acer mail program guess the POP and SMTP server is called ntlworld.com but doesn't add the word POP3 and SMTP to the front of them.

POP3.ntlworld.com - port 110 no tick in ssl
    smtp.ntlworld.com - port 25 no tick in ssl

Many thanks

tonyk100, Jan 26, 2009
Ask a Question