Help QUICKLY!!!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by christina_pirilla, Dec 7, 2009.

1. christina_pirilla

christina_pirilla

Dear people of the forum,

I haven't had to use a technical forum before and I am not so great with technology. Basically, I stupidly spilt water on my keyboard and it stopped working as I expected however just today my Acer Aspire One doesn't turn on instead it says something about BIOS??? and then a little line flashes at the top and it makes a high pitched beeping noise :( I have so much work to be handed in and cannot survive without my laptop hopefully one of you can help me otherwise I will have to take it to a repair shop which I can't really afford.

I look forward to hearing from you!

C. xxx

christina_pirilla, Dec 7, 2009
  2. christina_pirilla

JBenal

About the best thing you can do is try to dry it out. If no circuits were burned out it may work after it's dry. I suggest blowing it out with a can of pressurized air for cleaning computers. Then use a hair dryer, blowing it on the keyboard. Don't use the very hot setting, just warm or cold. Leave the computer off while you do this. Try to dry it for at least a day before you turn it on again. Good luck!

JBenal, Dec 7, 2009
  3. christina_pirilla

Aspirer

And you may definately want to remove the battery until it's dry
    If there is a short circuit somewhere due to the moisture it can't damage anything without a current

Aspirer, Dec 8, 2009
  4. christina_pirilla

Forone

I spilled wine into mine, some keys and worse the on/off switch stopped. The machine wouldn't turn on at all.

The cure was electrical contact spray, from an electronics store. About $12 for a small can, be sure to get pure solvent with no lubricants in it. It cleans and restores contact to everything it touches with no residue. Won't harm plastics. Pull out the battery and spray into every available hole in the body to get at the affected keys, switches, contact points, and give it few minutes to dry. My machine went from dead brick to good as new (knock on wood.)

Forone, Dec 8, 2009
Ask a Question