HELP PLEASE - New here

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by hugh009, Aug 23, 2009.

1. hugh009

hugh009

I'm DESPERATE! I'm a consumer investigative reporter that instead of reporting OTHER people's horror stories has his own!

I bought an Acer Apire One within months of them arriving on the market - BIG mistake as I would tell my own readers.

I have battled, screamed and cussed out Acer people on the phone till I'm blue in the face! They kept telling me that I had to buy recovery disks for the computer and I resisted because I did not see what happened as my fault! FINALLY I bought them and got them after they lost the address to send them too!

Here is the problem.

When I turn on the computer this is what happens.

The Acer logo page comes up and then goes to Starting Acer Recovery System. Then the computer waits for about 20-30 seconds and then this pages comes up:

file\minint\system32\ntoskrnl.exe could not be found

Error Code 4116

I loaded in the new Acer Recovery disks expecting it to wipe out my C drive which it warned it would do. Fine I had every thing backed up. I went through the recovery process following every step on the instruction page to the letter TWICE and the same page as described above came up.

Now I'm a total novice at computer programming. However I would think that when you wipe out a C drive and start all over that you would reinstall the needed file line they say is missing.

Could someone PLEASE tell me what is going on?

I HATE the Toshiba Satelllite I'm typing this on and want my Aspire One back in working order!

Thanks,
    Hugh Simpson
    [email protected]

hugh009, Aug 23, 2009
  2. hugh009

garrovick

google - ntoskrnl.exe

There are several web sites that have some explanations and possible fixes.

And don't yell at me, my Acer has an off switch!!

garrovick, Aug 23, 2009
  3. hugh009

hugh009

Thank you and believe me I'm past the yelling stage.

What would I Google to find those sites for thefix?

Thanks,
    Hugh :D

hugh009, Aug 23, 2009
  4. hugh009

hugh009

DUH NOW I see the answer! Sorry about that. Will Google ASAP!

Thanks again,
    Hugh

hugh009, Aug 23, 2009
  5. hugh009

garrovick

google --->> ntoskrnl.exe

garrovick, Aug 23, 2009
  6. hugh009

hugh009

Yes, I did that and I have emailed several of my techie friends to see what to do next. I think I need to re-install Windows XP from what I'm reading.

What I want to know is why the techies at Acer did NOT KNOW this problem as I explained just what I wrote here to them SEVERAL times all the way to the STUPIDVISOR who was one ARROGANT jerk who just said but the recovery disks.

I just to also let you know that I Twittered about this WONDERFUL forum and told them that you all know more than the moron Acer techies!

Hope that it leads to more members for the forum!

Thanks again!

Hugh :)

hugh009, Aug 24, 2009
  7. hugh009

garrovick

What is the difference between doing a recovery and reinstalling windows?

garrovick, Aug 24, 2009
  8. hugh009

hugh009

According to what I read in the article on this subject the Acer recovery disks will NOT help with this problem which I found out after trying unsuccessfully TWICE to load it. You have to reinstall XP on the computer and of course there are NO disks given to you when you buy the Acer as it is pre-installed. So I would think that Acer should cover this problem but it appears they will NOT.

So as a consumer investigative reporter we are going to make a video on this subject and get it out there for others to reply to. also will work actively with RipOff Report.

Thanks,
    Hugh :)

hugh009, Aug 24, 2009
Ask a Question