HELP NEEDED URGENTLY RE: BLANK SCREEN

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by gunfire, Aug 22, 2009.

1. gunfire

gunfire

To anyone that might be able to help,

I've recently acquired an Acer 7720G laptop which after having for about 24 hours won't boot up properly and instead just shows a black/blank screen whenever I boot the computer.

As I understand it it is a common problem but I have no idea what to do.

I don't seem to hear the fan, but I can hear the computer start up with the bootup noise. Lights indicate that the laptop is working but I haven't got a clue what to do. I've tried pressing Fn + F6 (as well adjusting the brightness and still nothing) as well as taking the battery out and holding the power button for over 20 seconds and nothing.

Maybe it has something to do with the drivers or BIOS, but I'm not savvy enough to know what to do there or what they are. Booting off a startup drive I hear is one option but if I can't see the screen isn't a help and it didn't come with any discs which isn't exactly a help.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this or am I screwed? I was really blown away with the machine and I was looking forward to watching some more HiDef movies and then this happens. Frustrated isn't the word.

Any other info that you think I might need just let me know but there isn't anything I can remember that I think I would have done to have caused this. I did leave it on in the morning whilst downloading something but it was scheduled to close down when the download was complete.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated as I am ripping my hair out and don't seem to be having much luck through google.

gunfire, Aug 22, 2009
  2. gunfire

gunfire

So, can anyone help? Please?

gunfire, Aug 23, 2009
  3. gunfire

gunfire

I've just realised. The computer hadn't been used in some months and of course when I started up for the first time in a while it downloaded the windows updates. Which may have had something to do with it perhaps?

gunfire, Aug 24, 2009
  4. gunfire

Guest Guest

Flash the BIOS. That should work.

Guest, Aug 25, 2009
Ask a Question