Help Me With a PC Issue, Please.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Novelangel, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Novelangel

Novelangel

I have tried everything I can think of to resolve an issue with my pc, without actually returning it to my local repair shop, but I'm prepared to do that if I must. I've looked for viruses, and actually found one but getting rid of it didn't help. I have tried changing the resolution, which only helps to a point. I don't know for sure, but I don't think this is a graphics card issue. It started when my husband plugged a micro SD card into a very old card reader that the repair guy (yes, the same guy who will have to look at it if I can't figure this out) installed for us because this re-built computer didn't have an SD card reader installed and I wanted one. The next morning, all the images on the screen were huuuuuuuuge!

I can't return it to the normal size, believe me, I've tried. I even attempted to change the zoom size for each website I go to, and everything still says it's at 100%. It's not impossible to use, or even inconvenient... it's just wrong and I want it back the way it was. Can anyone help me here? I was wondering if there is possibly a keyboard command that I can use. I know there is one for apple computers but this is a windows pc running win 7. It worked just fine right up until he plugged that card into that old port. How do I reverse this?

Novelangel, Jul 28, 2016
  2. Novelangel

something back

Probably the easiest way is to do a system restore “restore to an earlier point”

Go to the start button in the search section type restore,it will take you to a new window,
    choose system restore. Note: choose a restore point a few days before you installed the sd card reader.

something back, Jul 28, 2016
  3. Novelangel

Novelangel

Thank you very much, something back, but I already tried it. I've only had this computer for a couple weeks as it is, so there isn't much to restore back to, but the restoration failed. Of course, I only tried to restore just one day back, since there was a major update on that day. I will see if it's possible to restore back prior to the installation of the card reader... but I'm wondering if that will make any difference since the first attempt at restoration failed. The card reader was installed the same day we bought the machine, by the way, if that helps.

Novelangel, Jul 28, 2016
  4. Novelangel

something back

Give it a try, If not ,try to uninstall the software for the card reader if it installed any.
    other than that go to the device manager section of the control panel by typing device from the start button,
    look down the list for it could be under human interface devices then uninstall the driver for the card reader by right clicking.

if that fails, then go to the control panel under devices and printers and see if the card reader is listed if so then uninstall it.

something back, Jul 28, 2016
  5. Novelangel

Novelangel

Okay, I finally got the issue resolved. I took the machine to a nearby repairman, who basically told me there was nothing wrong with it. LOL. He managed to change the monitor resolution, which is something that I couldn't do very well at home since the machine wouldn't let me. He said that all of the device drivers were working... I don't know how he knew that just from waltzing through files on the computer, but that's what he said. At any rate, it seems to be back to normal, though it would have been nice to know why such things happen in the first place. The best part... he analyzed the computer for free. Yaay!

Novelangel, Jul 31, 2016
Ask a Question