Help me choose a laptop that fits me

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Nachum987, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Nachum987

Nachum987

Hi everyone,

I want to buy a laptop (Not Mac) for various uses like: Office work, web environment and multiple tabs open, MS Office programs, and multiple programs open, watching movies and a lot of reading in front of the screen.

The screen needs to be 15.6"IPS panel or better, matte ,resolution of 1366x768 or 1920x1080, (Not touch screen) will use in a varied work environment, outdoor use and in the office with fluorescent lighting.

Full size keyboard with Numeric Keypad, backlit and comfortable as possible.

I wand the laptop to be lightweight and thin as possible! At least 3 hours of battery time.

1X HDMI/Mini HDMI/Display port, at least 2 USB ports, one of them needs to be USB 3.0,Bluetooth,maybe AC networking supporting,Card reader,and decent speakers.

At least 256GB SSD or HDD system with an optical drive and that'll change in SSD, or any configuration that I will have a valid SSD slot.

Overall the laptop needs to be thin and light as possible, high build quality,and finest screen that won't tire my eyes after a long staring on the screen.

*I know that there are a lot of demands,but every one of them is important for me.
    My budget is up to $ 1,000, but flexible if demands it

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    Nachum987, Jun 23, 2015
  2. Nachum987

Lun

With this budget I think you can go for some high end laptops. I found this laptop, Lenovo Z5070. It has a powerful i7 CPU, 8Gb of ram + 4GB VRAM for GT 840m, 1TB of SSHD (SSD + HDD hybrid, I don't know much about this kind but it is faster than an HDD), and enough USB ports, but I don't know if it has an optical drive or not, if you're willing to sacrifice that part. Also I'm not really sure if the keyboard is backlit.

Lun, Jun 23, 2015
  3. Nachum987

Nachum987

Thanks for the comments,
    I read about the laptops that you written.
    They are very high quality, but also very large and heavy ... I'm looking for light and thin laptop as possible.
    About the Dell-E550 there is no backlit keyboard.
    I saw these computers:

Acer Aspire V15 Nitro
    Dell Latitude E5550
    Toshiba Tecra Z50

Do you think that they worth the purchase?
    Thanks for the help

Nachum987, Jun 27, 2015
  4. Nachum987

Aasif Khan

Gaming is the main selling point of Acer Aspire V15 Nitro. It is wonderful entry level gaming laptop for its price. It has an awesome back lit keyboard with a red glow. It comes a 1920x1080 display which is quite good for gaming. It will be able to do all the tasks that you have listed here with ease.

It is currently the best of the bunch among all the entry level gaming laptops out there. It has got solid component selection, excellent performance and decent battery life. Just go for it.

Aasif Khan, Jun 28, 2015
  5. Nachum987

Nachum987

I thought of another option, the ThinkPad T550.
    [​IMG]
    What do you think?
    And also, what is not recommended about the Acer's ?
    I saw the spec and it's look real good
    In the T550 I will have to add more money to get 16GB RAM and 256GB SSD
    The Acer is 2.4KG and the T550 is 2.17KG

Nachum987, Jun 28, 2015
  6. Nachum987

Aasif Khan

ThinkPad T550 costs $854.10 on the official lenovo website. It comes with Intel HD graphics which is underpowered. I strongly suggest to check the V15 Nitro Black Edition in amazon which costs about $950. Also take a look at the Asus ROG GL551JM-DH71. It will give you the best value for money.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    Aasif Khan, Jun 28, 2015
  7. Nachum987

Lun

I think the Thinkpad is too expensive for the features. There's literally nothing there that justifies this huge price tag other than the 3K display, if that matters to you. I think a 1080p display would be good enough for your reading purposes. I agree with Aasif Khan. Acer Aspire V15 Nitro seems like a great choice. It's only 2.2 KG too so unless you want to pay too much for a few grams reduction in weight, you should reconsider getting that Thinkpad. It's also got a backlit keyboard so there's an addition you're looking for.

Lun, Jun 28, 2015
Ask a Question