[HELP] Internal Error!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Beldar, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Beldar

Beldar

Last night I shut off the computer as usual. Today after bootup I'll get the following error on every boot:

Is is a hardware problem or software problem?
    What caused it?
    Can it be solved?

Beldar, Aug 8, 2008
  2. Beldar

retsaw

I think this is probably a software error. Maybe some file HAL needs got corrupted. You can probably fix it by reinstalling the appropriate package to replace any corrupted files, but to be sure, it might be easier to just run the system restore and if that fixes the problem it is software and if it doesn't it is hardware.

retsaw, Aug 8, 2008
  3. Beldar

Beldar

I did a recovery and the problem seems to be solved. I'm glad it's not a hardware problem. :)

Beldar, Aug 8, 2008
  4. Beldar

achiss

How did you do the system restore? I have the same message error, andn my card readers doesn't work.

(sorry for my english, i am spanish)

achiss, Aug 11, 2008
  5. Beldar

retsaw

You can't use the card readers for a restore, the Aspire One won't boot from them. You have to use a USB stick, (or a USB card reader) and turn it into a recover USB stick using the recovery DVD in a computer with a DVD drive. Or you can connect a USB DVD drive and run the DVD on the Aspire One directly.

Also you need to press F12 when the Aspire One is booting to select the recovery device.

retsaw, Aug 11, 2008
  6. Beldar

Beldar

Yes it does. I made my recovery using a SD-card and a SD-card reader. Just reboot, press F12, choose option two and it will boot from the SD-card reader.

Beldar, Aug 11, 2008
  7. Beldar

lotus49

Do you mean one of the internal card readers? I had read here that that wasn't possible (not just in the post above). If you mean using an external USB card reader that is a different matter as that just looks like any old flash drive to the computer.

lotus49, Aug 11, 2008
Ask a Question