Help! I uninstalled OO to upgrade it...

Discussion in 'Linux' started by rmarie, Dec 4, 2008.

1. rmarie

rmarie

... and now I can't seem to install 3.0. I'm using the instructions from this website, and I managed to backup the icons and uninstall 2.4 with no problem, but after that, I get stuck. ( downloading the new version and extracting and installing the RPMs)

The download command included in the instructions didn't work, so I tried downloading it from the OO website directly, but when it comes to extracting the packets, it throws up an error. The commands that I'm following don't seem to work either: it tells me that there's no such file or directory.
    I'm loving my new AA1 and the ability to modify it so much, but I'm not gonna lie: I have absolutely no experience with L=any Linux system. I'm a Windows kid, but I'm very interested in learning the basics. Anybody have any help for me? I'm all ears. ;)

rmarie, Dec 4, 2008
  2. rmarie

mattytee

I believe you just need to try again. It took me three tries to get an uncorrupted download of OOo 3.

The commands that follow probably don't work since the extraction failed. Do "rm -rf OOo*" in that directory (/home/user if I recall correctly) and try the wget again.

Good luck.

mattytee, Dec 7, 2008
Ask a Question