HELP! firefox 3.0.5 update now onemail doesnt work!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by c7aig, Dec 19, 2008.

1. c7aig

c7aig

i have just updated to firefox 3.0.5, then onemail stopped working, when i opened it in terminal, it said there was files missing in the AME file in /user/acer/bin/AMEbin. (the error was: error while loading shared libraries: libxpcom_core.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory) i then stupidly removed AME, with yum, without checking if it could be reinstalled and guess what... you cant reinstall it with yum.
    now the main question is how can i get it back?

and one more thing, when i open firefox, and use the mobile broadband stick, it staight away comes up with offline mode, which is ok but gets annoying going to file work offline every time.

c7aig, Dec 19, 2008
  2. c7aig

v50iiix

Updated similarly from the acer aspire download page to firefox 3.0.3 and have same symptoms. It cannot be uninstalled via Live Update>Manage Updates. Any thoughts

v50iiix, Jan 15, 2009
  3. c7aig

v50iiix

Not very inpressed by the latest from Acer.in the euro region.
    Hello, Thank you for contacting Acer.

Regarding your enquiry,

The issue you have described is one of a software related nature. For further assistance, please contact 0906 706 8000. Calls are charged at £0.50p per minute from any BT landline. Please be advised that there is no queueing system in place, however, so if no advisor is available, the line will disconnect to save you from charge.

Regards
    Paul
    Acer Technical Support Team

Opening Times
    Mon – Fri
    09:00 to 17:30

Tel: 0870 853 1000
    Fax: 0870 853 1004
    Email: [email protected]

v50iiix, Jan 16, 2009
  4. c7aig

mdgo80

I heard that replacing Firefox (Original preinstalled version) with any update can screw things in the AAO my advice is to use Macles Instructions where you install the latest version but don't uninstall the preinstalled one... that way everything works. http://macles.blogspot.com

mdgo80, Jan 18, 2009
Ask a Question