Help choosing graphics card & new laptop!

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by SM1400, Jan 1, 2016.

1. SM1400

SM1400

Hello and Happy New Year all,

I am looking to buy a laptop for my work mainly and my study. I am in digital management and do:
    - lots of social media posting, including saving and editing lots of photos,
    - opening many pages same time,
    - MS office,
    - sometime adobe creative (PS/Illustrator) but rarely trying to do more of this,
    - video editing is my hobby and will be part of my work soon lightly, meaning not very long pieces. As a hobby I might be creating my short documentary piece in the near future using adobe premiere (learning stuff).

I am also looking for good graphics, memory and performance over all.
    A touch screen as it is much easier for my hands (joints) doing my work.
    14" is ideal but a bit flexible.

I was considering ThinkPad T450s Ultrabook until I read about its integrated graphics card Intel 5500 and that it is not high performance.

Note that that price is for the featured configuration. Mine would have been more with addition of touch full HD screen, more memory and a couple other upgrades. My configuration would be around $1600. More than my budget which is $100-$1200. I could have stretched it for the perfect laptop abut bow not sure this one is.

Here is list:
    i5-5200U (3MB Cache, up to 2.70GHz)
    Intel HD Graphics 5500
    Memory 4GB
    HD 500 GB 7200rpm
    There is option for Micro HDD 16 SSD I didn't understand
    Multitouch screen FHD 14"
    Win10 (with option of Win 7)

(for memory and HD I am not sure which upgrades are better for me I tried to attach a snapshot of the options and prices didn't work). For those who can see the options in the link, Are the options hybrid between HDD and SDS or something?)

Please help me in deciding about the graphics aspect, any insight is appreciated, major memory/HD specs, and about the laptop choice overall.

I apologize for the long post and thank you in advance for your time!
    Best regards,
    SM

SM1400, Jan 1, 2016
  2. SM1400

something back

Given your personal requirements for the laptop I don't think the graphic
    card will suit you.

It's not a high spec machine.

More info can be found here.

http://www.laptop-forums.com/threads/the-basics-when-purchasing-a-laptop.24922/

Other members will help you with a better choice.

To explain the ssd is a separate addition that effectively will allow you
    to add a very small hard drive a ssd type of a hard drive. By the way
    if it is restricted to 16 gb ssd that it is neither use or ornament. (no good )

something back, Jan 2, 2016
  3. SM1400

SM1400

thanks for your answer. This is helpful. I am still looking and waiting more feedback from the forum,.

SM1400, Jan 3, 2016
Ask a Question