HELP! Cannot get display to work on LCD screen via VGA

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by atavallai, Jan 1, 2010.

1. atavallai

atavallai

Hi

I am trying to connect my Acer Aspire 1410 to a LG HD LCD tv via a VGA cable.

I have connected a separate Dell laptop to the same TV via the same cable and it works perfectly, so I know the issue is the Acer.

It doesnt seem to recognise the LCD monitor when I plug it into the Acer and using the Fn + F5 function. I have played with all display settings and cannot get it to work.

Has anyone else had these issues? Or know how to help?

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

atavallai, Jan 1, 2010
  2. atavallai

Phil B Stark

I have used my Acer Aspire One with my LG large screen LCD TV VGA input with success many times. I am not at home now BUT, as I recall it goes something like this ......

Plug VGA output to device

then right click on the screen, select Properties

select Settings tab, select Advanced

select Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile

click on large Graphics Properties ... button (this lets you select other monitors, rotations, schemes, etc.)

You should now be able to run 2 displays (i.e., Acer and external VGA device) at once. Play around with these settings and Fn F5 keys to get it "perfect for your VGA device.

Hope this helps.

Phil B Stark, Jan 19, 2010
Ask a Question