HELP: Can turn wifi back on (dell 1390 card)

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by jeffers, Jan 20, 2009.

1. jeffers

jeffers

Hopefully someone can help with this - I just finished installing a dell 1390 wifi card into my AAO150 to get wifi working under OSX (10.5.6). It worked fine, I could see all my wifi networks and connected to my SSID.

Out of curiosity i flipped the little wifi switch on the front, OSX didnt seem to recognise I did it so i clicked 'turn airport off'. I then tried a 'turn airport on' which didnt bring the card back to life...nevermind I thought, but it seems that even sliding the switch again OSX doesnt think my card is turned on. I have rebooted, powered off etc but OSX refuses to see the wifi card as being on. It just says 'airport is turned off'.

Help!!!

Thanks
    Jeffers

jeffers, Jan 20, 2009
  2. jeffers

jeffers

It seems to have come back to life for no apparent reason! Phew!

Anyone have any little tips about this - is there a way to turn the wifi card on/off reliably?

Thanks

jeffers, Jan 20, 2009
  3. jeffers

chuckcalo

Next time you press the switch and the card "dies" just shut down the aao and power it up again.

chuckcalo, Jan 20, 2009
Ask a Question