Help can’t get iATKOS to install [fixed:bought new DVD drive

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by 54patman, Jan 6, 2009.

1. 54patman

54patman

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and sadly I can not get past step 1 on getting OSX installed. I am trying to get iATKOS v5 installed and I am trying to follow the 2 great guides that are posted here.

I have the 150 model and currently have the 3308 version of the bios.

I download the iso twice, burned it three different times. The last burn was at 2.4X.

I get it to boot and see the grey screen with the apple logo and the spinning circle. After about 3 minutes I get a crossed circle and nothing after that, just hangs. I let it run for over 30 minutes and nothing, I did this for the three different iso I burned.

I also upgraded the bios to version 3309, but the same problems.

I started the install with –v and see a reoccurring error. Something like a transaction is past complete.

Here is a picture of the screen with the same errors.

Any help would be nice.

[attachment=0:1iv769kg]mac.jpg[/attachment:1iv769kg]

54patman, Jan 6, 2009
  2. 54patman

endlessnameless

Re: Help can’t get iATKOS to install

Can't say that I've seen that before. Try a different iso download and make sure its around 2.6gb in size. I originally had difficulty with dvd+r and switched to dvd-r and that seemed to help with one initial issue. If you have windows still installed, partition it and make sure that the partition you are installing it to is partitioned as a primary drive. And just making sure, the iso was labeled iatkos v.5i

endlessnameless, Jan 6, 2009
  3. 54patman

54patman

Thanks for the reply.

I will try the –R dvd, but I downloaded the iso already twice from 2 different source and both had 200 seeds, so I am sure I got the correct one.

The iso file say iATKOS_5i.iso but when burned, in Windows the label name say iatkosv4i, not sure what to make of that. And both iso's that I downloaded said the same thing.

As for portioning. I have windows setup as usual from factory settings. I made a 40 gig partition for OSX and made it active and primary. So I have windows on the first primary and want to put OSX on the new 40 gig.

The external dvd drive I have is a backpack from microsolutions model 224202. Inside is a Nec drive, forgot which one, but it was very popular a few years ago. Maybe I need to buy a new external drive.

54patman, Jan 6, 2009
  4. 54patman

pink

AppleUSBEHCI[....] Found a transaction past the deadline [....]
    usually means some USB device has fallen off the bus, or its disk volume has become unmounted.
    There is the Got Boot Device msg and if you follow thru the ioreg device tree path
    it gets as far as IODVDBlockStorageDriver and it is expecting a BSD root volume at
    /dev/disk1s3
    but it can't find anything there.

I'd start looking at DVD Media, are you burning on the same drive as you're trying to boot,
    is the burning software savvy for bootable disc from iso?

pink, Jan 6, 2009
  5. 54patman

54patman

Ok it’s that damn crappy external drive! I went out and bought some –R dvds and had no luck. So I went out again and bought a HP external drive (all that was in stock), got home plugged it in and magic IT WORKED!

So anyone using the backpack from microsolutions, forget about it. Maybe has to do with it being 4 years old, who know. I even tried flashing the firmware to a newer one and no luck. All this just to move on to step 2! LOL

54patman, Jan 7, 2009
Ask a Question