Help: Booting self-made recovery image from USB

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by SkizZO, May 25, 2009.

1. SkizZO

SkizZO

Hi all, before my os moddings (vista + linux + macos) on my AOA150, i wish to "reconfigure it" with: WinXP, Win7 and macosx.

The first time i've changed the Os, i've made a backup (into an iso image) of the recovery partition, and then deleted it.
    Now i cannot launch it from an usb stick (when i've backupped it, all was working well... maybe i miss some step)
    the USB pen is bootable, but i get an error when i try to boot the xp/acer recovery from it.
    My recovery image is into an .iso file; i have a "Disk error" when i try to boot from, and if i open the iso with ultraiso, it say me that the iso image is NOT bootable.

i've tried also the bootsect /nt60 & /nt62 commands, but without success.

Here is the content of the partition recovered ago, (now into an iso file) from the AOA150 hard disk

SkizZO, May 25, 2009
  2. SkizZO

jerryt

Shouldn't you just write the D2D partition image to a bootable USB stick and not change it to a ISO image?

jerryt, May 25, 2009
  3. SkizZO

SkizZO

Yes, but the iso image is my only source at the moment.
    When i have backupped the hidden partition, i-ve made an iso image from it.... and now it is all i have... an iso to virtually burn on an usb...

SkizZO, May 25, 2009
  4. SkizZO

jerryt

Open the ISO in one of the common ISO programs (PowerISO) and select extract and use the empty USB drive as the destination.

jerryt, May 25, 2009
  5. SkizZO

SkizZO

many thanxs for your replies, i have already done it.. but doesn't work.
    I have the following error:
    DISK ERROR

by the way, are there into the picture, all the necessary files to make rescue disk to boot??
    The usb pen partition is already marked active..

SkizZO, May 25, 2009
  6. SkizZO

jerryt

Is D2D enabled in the Bios?

Are you launching D2D with "ALT" "F10" during start up?

I don't believe the D2D partition is directly bootable, the D2D part of the bios boots the directory.

jerryt, May 25, 2009
Ask a Question