!!!HELP!!! BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Guest, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi all, i was recently using an external monitor with my AA1 and it seems for some reason it might have done some unexpected damage... i get error:
    unmountable_boot_volume
    0x000000ED (0x86366030, 0xc0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
    this error shows up when starting windows normally or through safe mode..
    now i have read few posts about this issue but none of them actually tells how to troubleshoot this issue step by step starting from an empty 1G USB.. some other forums assume that you want to create/prepare a bootable XP USB copy. but now that i can't do much on the AA1 anymore.. i have another laptop (tablet PC-- so i can't use the windows copy i have--) with CDRom support.. now i would greatly appreciate any educated help in this issue. also is there any way to do chkdsk or fixboot via wired network???
    Basically i need to recover instead of doing the regular sys restore using alt+F10 at boot
    Thanks a lot everyone i truly appreciate any help on this issue

Guest, Jan 21, 2009
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

i'm still waiting for someone to help on this issue plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Guest, Jan 23, 2009
  3. Guest

AceRyan

Sounds like your HDD may be corrupted. Boot into the bios and see if it is still recognizing the HDD. If it is, try to do a reinstall by booting an XP iso from a flash drive or hook up an external DVD and boot from it using an XP install disk.

AceRyan, Jan 23, 2009
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

thanks for your reply. bios still recognizes my hdd.
    there is one way i can do it on my own without any help, but it's going to ruin my warranty... i was thinking about taking out the hdd backing up my stuff on my other laptop and then do the alt+f10 recovery which will wipe everything to factory defaults... but i'm leaving this as my last option..................

Guest, Jan 23, 2009
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

well thanks for no help and thanks to this useless forum!!!
    just incase someone else was having the same issue.. i fixed it by using external USB CDrom and a regular copy of xp home and did a simple chkdsk instead of repair.... and everything is back to normal... in the worst case scenario if this doesn't work for you then go with full recovery which will wipe out all your saved data by selecting alt+f10 on system startup

Guest, Jan 26, 2009
  6. Guest

jackluo923

Even after you wipe out all of your saved data, you can get your data back by using free data recovery tools :lol:

jackluo923, Jan 26, 2009
  7. Guest

Ranger Wolf

Its usually very hard to recovery all files. most are usually corrupted. mostly you can only expect some documents, pictures and music if the file is small enough. otherwise, the data gets rewritten.

@ fidaa81:

usually with such a netbook, since there is no drive door (or any *useful* door on the back of this netbook) you must remember to always backup data to a secondary pc. Remember you can't take the hard drive out like any normal laptop w/o voiding warranty. so only keep expendable information or like i mentioned, keep files backuped up to another hard drive at least once a week.

Also I find that having another operating system will usually give me the ability to save my data onto it, if one OS should fail like yours did.

I'm sorry that no one able to help you with your problem.

Ranger Wolf, Jan 26, 2009
Ask a Question