help, aao doesn't boot at all, just black screen

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ThE gOg, Feb 11, 2009.

1. ThE gOg

ThE gOg

hi:)

wen't to turn on my aao this morning to check my emails before work, the led goes green on the pwoer button button and the fans start, then nothing happens it just sits there with the black screen.

any ideas guys as i've invalidated the warranty to do the 1gb ram upgrade a few weeksback.

its 160gb aao with windows 7 installed.

i don't even get the acer boot sreen nothing at all.

help please :cry:

ThE gOg, Feb 11, 2009
  2. ThE gOg

ThE gOg

doh found all the info on the macles method.

got all the files donwloaded, where it says rename the bios file to ****** which file am i renaming as there are 2 "3309.bat" and "Z_3309.fd" don't really want to get this wrong and i'm not sure as haven't done it before :oops:

any pointers guys??

ThE gOg, Feb 11, 2009
  3. ThE gOg

ronime

You need to rename the ????????.FD file to ZG5IA32.FD and place this in the root directory of your FAT-formatted USB stick. Note that the I in IA32 is the letter "aye" not the number "one".

Most BIOS recovery guides claim that you also need a copy of FLASHIT.EXE on the USB stick as well - I am not so sure but it wouldn't do any harm to copy it anyway (the BIOS recovery probably does not boot the USB stick it merely looks for the ZG5IA32.FD file - it would need to boot a complete DOS environment to run FLASHIT.EXE).

This may not resurrect your machine, but if you can carefully remove the RAM that you added then you should be able to claim a repair or replacement.

ronime, Feb 11, 2009
Ask a Question