Hello, please help me pick out an ultrabook

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Geneva, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Geneva

Geneva

Hello, I'm new here and am not tech-savy. I'm going into nursing and need an ultrabook. I need it to support my prepu requirements -(Mozilla Firefox 2.0+ • Internet Explorer 6+ • Safari 3+ • Opera 9+ • Chrome 1+ . Also, JavaScript must be enabled).

I'd like it to have haswell, full high definition screen 1080 by 1920 (for watching movies), and icore7. I don't care if it is a touchscreen or not.

I'm willing to buy used on amazon or eBay. I'd like to keep it around $850 USD

Thanks so much ^^

Geneva, Jun 17, 2014
  2. Geneva

something back

I have given this advice to another member today

Unless you are involved in something like cad design then a higher graphic card
    can be more important that a higher spec cpu.

Graphic card G.P.U. Can take most of the computing power off the central processor.

It's a fine balance.

Another tip is to go onto a online computer mag site then compare a higher spec machine
    then try to match the specs or as close as you can using the sites listed here.

Here's to benchmark sites to ponder.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
    something back, Jun 21, 2014
    Geneva likes this.
  3. Geneva

Geneva

I thank you so much for trying to help, but I not understand specs or anything that was shown on recommended sites. I'm not tech savvy. Can you please recommend something for my nursing program, powerpoints, watching movies in fhd, typing papers? It's big decision. I want no more then 14 inch screen. How's lenovo t440s or y40, y410 for what I want?

Geneva, Jun 21, 2014
  4. Geneva

something back

You will have to wait until another member recommends some.

The price band you are looking at is more than sufficient. Avoid older machines.

The tech sites like these will list some laptops in their reviews have a quick look.

From what you are requiring it does not need a powerful machine but needs change.

www.pcworld.com

www.pcpro.co.uk

something back, Jun 21, 2014
    Geneva likes this.
  5. Geneva

Geneva

OK thank you so much for help!!

Geneva, Jun 21, 2014
Ask a Question