Hello John got a ToshLiba?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by aspirational, Jan 29, 2009.

1. aspirational

aspirational

I recently decided to have a go at replacing the ssd with a 1.8" toshiba MK8025GAL as it worked out cheaper than buying another acer with hdd, got mine before the hdd model came out :evil: . Anyway, I have now fitted it but am having some probs and am wondering if I have buggered my lovely A1 :oops: . The HDD is detected in BIOS but comes up as "tosliba MK(025GAL" I thought this was odd when I saw it and thought it might not be detected properly, but pressed on, I now find that my UBUNTU usb installer detects the drive but fails at installing a swap partition. So I have an HDD without an OS. My question is then do you think this is a faulty drive, or cable, or something else? Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem might be and or what my next step should be? I have found these forums of great help in the past and this is the first time I have needed to ask. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. :)

aspirational, Jan 29, 2009
  2. aspirational

TRUTI

Where did you buy your drive? I guess it may be a pirated one. Can you check it up.

Alternatively, if you think you have bricked your AOA, you can try convincing your friendly neighborhood vendor for a sample drive to test it out.. If it works fine and ur AOA detects it properly, rest assured, Ur drive is Pirated.

TRUTI, Jan 30, 2009
  3. aspirational

aspirational

Well, replaced the ssd and works fine with cable I was using, so I guess you're right it must be the zif interface on the hdd. I just hope I can get a repair or replacement :? Still, at least I haven't ruined my A1 :)

aspirational, Jan 31, 2009
Ask a Question