Heavy laptop is a burden

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Corzhens, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens

Since it is the official issue, I bring my laptop every day to the office. Sometimes I am thinking of requesting a notebook so it would not be a burden to carry. My HP Elite is heavy and it becomes heavier when I go home since I'm already tired. It's a good thing that I drive a car but the parking area is far so I have to walk for more than 100 meters carrying my laptop bag. But in fairness to my laptop, it's got a good screen, very clear and just the right size plus it has no major technical issues so far.

Corzhens, Jul 19, 2016
  2. Corzhens

hades_leae

Well you should try getting a back pack. Your back naturally is better at carrying more weight. Think about hikers. They can have a back pack that weights 100 pounds easy. You'll rather carry that on your back than in your hand because you'll get tired after 10 or so yards.

I always use my backpack because I just don't like carrying anything in my hands, not even my cell phone.

hades_leae, Jul 19, 2016
  3. Corzhens

cluckeyo

I did not realize how heavy my old laptop was until I recently bought my new one. I guess laptops have gotten lighter over the years, as I did not pay extra for this feature. It is just incredibly light and I have considered putting it on my postal scale because I am curious just how light it is.!

cluckeyo, Jul 22, 2016
  4. Corzhens

rootle

My laptop, an MSI, weighs about 2.5 kgs so it's quite heavy as far as laptops go. Unfortunately it needs to be this heavy to be as powerful as it is. I don't carry it around too much on a regular basis though, I usually leave it on the desk in my room. However, it isn't that difficult to carry it if I need to.

rootle, Jul 22, 2016
  5. Corzhens

Corzhens

Thanks for the recommendation but a backpack is not appropriate for me. You see, I am an office executive and with my semi-formal attire, I would look funny with a backpack. You are right that carrying my heavy laptop by hand is tiring but I can last for more than 10 yards, maybe 50 or more. I am thinking of requesting a lighter laptop from our office but I have yet to consult my boss on the matter.

Corzhens, Jul 22, 2016
  6. Corzhens

rootle

I don't know about backpack's looking particularly informal. I mean I guess it depends on the backpack but I am sure you can find a laptop backpack that looks fairly professional.
    Something like this maybe? https://www.amazon.com/eBags-Profes...99-0198413?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1469182954&sr=1-8

rootle, Jul 22, 2016
    Corzhens likes this.
  7. Corzhens

IcyBC

I think you should ask your boss first to find a lighter laptop since that is an easier solution. If the backpack isn't to your liking, how about a cross-shoulder carrying case. That would look perfect with your attire!

IcyBC, Jul 22, 2016
  8. Corzhens

acerme2

My laptop comes with a free laptop bag but I never bothered using it specially in public places. Besides, I doubt if they are durable enough. There are decent backpacks though and I find them better and more controllable specially when I have to walk through crowds. My laptop is not that heavy but I really find it inconvenient to carry by hand.

acerme2, Aug 12, 2016
  9. Corzhens

rz3300

This is really one of the main reasons why I made the switch to a Chromebook, and have really not looked back at all. I used to have a Dell and this thing was a beast. It was great if it were sitting on a desk, but that was not the case most of the time and it was no fun carrying around and getting it in and out with ease. It was just too much, and these days you feel kind of foolish having the bigger things. Thanks for sharing.

rz3300, Aug 12, 2016
  10. Corzhens

djordjem87

That is not a big deal if you think about all those people who have no job or people from Africa and their children starving. However, for the sake of conversation, I could say that I agree it is absurd laptop be that heavy and I personally would never use such a big laptop. Usually it is the problem of performance with those smaller ones but honestly I am not very needy customer and I need it for basic stuff. You on the other hand need a laptop professionally and if you think the small one could do the job well that is fine but if it is not possible you are basically doomed to carry that great burden for 100 meters.

djordjem87, Aug 22, 2016
Ask a Question