Hear the sound from the mic?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by s88, Jan 2, 2009.

1. s88

s88

Hi

Could any bro advise how i can hear the sound from the mic directly on my speaker as i speak?

I've connected a mic to the jack and there is an external speaker connected as well (XP).

Tks in advance!

s88, Jan 2, 2009
  2. s88

ccuina

Does your mic work? Or are you experiencing the "deaf mic" issue?

One way to quickly tell is going to the Sound recorder applet (Start->Programs->Accessories->Entertainment) and try to record yourself speaking. If it works, your mic is OK and ready to go to step b) below. If doesn't work, you're experiencing the "deaf mic" issue and to solve take a look at step a) below.
    a) See post http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7595for the procedure that worked for me
    b) See post http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=6968&p=54604&hilit=radio#p54604 for procedure. Directed towards getting radio from mic to speakers, should work for what your trying to do.

ccuina, Jan 3, 2009
  3. s88

s88

Tks but it did not work for me... Mic work as sound recorder works fine and i use the external mic for skype often.. i've tried the procedure in (b) as similarly adviced elsewhere but just does not work.... no sound come out from speaker... i'm suspecting that u need another software to stream the sound from the mic directly to the speaker.... like a "karaoke" software maybe...

s88, Jan 4, 2009
  4. s88

robandjeanne

I believe Acer knows how to fix this problem with the deaf mic. When Costco first started handling aa1s they all had the deaf mic. Then for a couple weeks you couldn't find them in Costco, Presently the ones you find in Costco have working mics. The working mic aa1s are using the standard issue Realtek drivers r1.94 so something else must be different. I'd buy a Costco aa1 (great return policy) if I thought I could discover the difference, What would I look for ver xp, version bios, ... Could those with the deaf mic that either haven't got a fix, or have had to go to extreme measures note your manuf date? Mine is 0809 (9/8/2008?), and I'm guessing those with early manuf date have the deaf mic.

robandjeanne, Jan 4, 2009
  5. s88

kodaker

Mine with the deaf mike is 0810. I got it at Office Depot. It's blue. Was supposed to be 120 gig but is 160 gig. External mike works fine. I have tried 4 different Realtek drivers, all to no avail.

kodaker, Jan 5, 2009
  6. s88

jackluo923

You can use a sound recorder (a bit more professional than the MS sound recorder) , eg audacity (free) , adobe audition (not free)

Watch out and avoid feedback if you're going to do it this way.

jackluo923, Jan 10, 2009
Ask a Question