Headphones or earphones?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by turnb43, Jul 13, 2016.

?

Headphones or earphones?

1. Headphones

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Earphones

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. turnb43

turnb43

Do you guys prefer headphones or earphones? I'm more of an earphone guy because although the sound quality isn't as good I get the absolute worst rashes with the (disgusting) build up of sweat and the like with headphones in summer.

turnb43, Jul 13, 2016
  2. turnb43

IcyBC

I would rather have headphones than earphones, not only for the better sound but I just don't like plugging anything in my ears.

IcyBC, Jul 16, 2016
    hades_leae likes this.
  3. turnb43

hades_leae

I feel the exact same about that because I don't like the feeling of ear phones in my ears either. Plus over the ear head phones give me the best experience for my music, videos, movie, etc. I love having big head phones, especially when they have noise cancellation. They are like their own entertainment system in a way.

hades_leae, Jul 16, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  4. turnb43

rz3300

I usually go for the sound quality, so I guess it just depends on which one sounds better. In terms of comfort I am the same way, too, where I do not really have a preference either way but it would just come down to a case by case basis for me. I would have to say that I use earphones a lot more, so that might be saying something, but I have had some good pairs of headphones too, though.

rz3300, Jul 16, 2016
  5. turnb43

rootle

I prefer earphones. I'm not that interested in super high quality sound. What I do like is comfort and portability. Earphones are much easier to use and you can just leave them lying around. When I travel I can easily shove them into my pockets or into some side pouch of my backpack. Headphones are far more cumbersome, they also make me feel a bit self-conscious because they're so noticeable.

rootle, Jul 25, 2016
  6. turnb43

SirJoe

I normally use earphones but I prefer headphones. Earphones are more discrete and were I work they are the ideal option. The sound quality on earphones is far superior then that of earphones mainly because headphones can cancel external noise, earphones have more difficulty with it.

SirJoe, Jul 28, 2016
  7. turnb43

Joel7050

I prefer earphones because I wear glasses/spectacles. It really hurts when I wear a tight band around my ears and they press the frame into my skin and ears! The longest I can go is about 20 minutes, after that i have to remove them as they hurt! Earphones may not have the best sound quality or noise suppression but it's worth the main and comfort to me. I'm also one ear deaf so I can't really experience sound to it's full potential. Lower sound quality doesn't matter that much to me.

Joel7050, Aug 7, 2016
  8. turnb43

acerme2

I prefer using the headphone at home because it has better sound quality. It also works better at blocking external sounds. But if I have to go out, I prefer using my smartphone's earphone which is more discrete and more portable, too.

acerme2, Aug 9, 2016
  9. turnb43

SirJoe

I think that the big advantage of headphones is exactly that. They allow you to block out external sound, even though there are earphones that claim that they can do the same, they normally aren't that good at it.

SirJoe, Aug 12, 2016
  10. turnb43

vinaya

I use headphones in winter because it also warms my ears, and I use earphones in summer because I don't have to experience sweating of ears. However, I like head phones compared to earphones. Headphones blocks external sound. Using earphones for long time gives irritating sensation inside ears.

vinaya, Aug 12, 2016
  11. turnb43

cluckeyo

I am need of making a purchase of one of these and have been trying to decide which one to get. All I know is that I can't keep earbuds in my ears very well. I think I will probably get both, but I think the headphones are more comfortable. Good thread, a few things to consider here.

cluckeyo, Aug 12, 2016
  12. turnb43

Corzhens

I am not a user of either because I am not a sound person. But my husband sometimes records audio in our home desktop and he uses a headphone for that purpose. And earphone does not give you a clear sound when you need the details like the process of voice recording. With a headset, the ambient sound is blocked and your ears are focused on the audio in the headphones. That is a given when it comes to recording music or audio.

Corzhens, Aug 12, 2016
  13. turnb43

Elektron

Well, I personally think that headphones are better if you're mostly going to be using it with your PC or static device, however, if you're simply looking for something you can listen to your music and other stuff with then you could go ahead and get yourself a pair of earphones, I would generally recommend you earphones if you're going to use it with your phone, otherwise, you should purchase headphones if you're going to use it with your PC, it's more comfortable and the quality is better than earphone's.

Elektron, Aug 13, 2016
Ask a Question