Headphone jack is damaged - Help!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Enton, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Enton

Enton

Hello.

A hour ago i put an headphone in the jack of my acer one. It was a little bit harder to put in than usual.
    Then only the left side of the Headphone worked. (I tryed with 3 different headphones, everytime the same problem).
    So I think the headphone out is damaged. When i look into the mic and the headphone port with light it seems that the "bottom" of the headphones is a little bit pressed inside , i can't see the "bottom" correctly like at the mic port.
    (_Maybe_ there was something inside when i put the headphones in, (that would explain why it was harder to put in) but before i pressed harder i rotated the acer to the right and shaked a bit but nothing fell out. And i have no idea how something`s able to get in there cause i don't put there anything else beside the headphones. Or a thing dispensed from the jack and blocked itself?)
    Moving the Headphones plug while its plugged in doesn't make it work like a "normal" insulate contact.

Has anybody a photo of the acer one`s stereo jack so that i can see if i could press the bottom back if i would open the acer one or if it's a closed jack where i can do nothing. (Cause i am a little bit afraid of opening it)
    (A photo like this http://www.ensieo.com/wp-content/upload ... 010209.jpg but from the other side of the jack and a bit bigger would be nice. And is there something special to consider when i would take out the little board on the right where the audio jacks are on?)

Thank you for your help!
    And sorry for my bad english :0

(If that does anything to the problem: i have a A150L with originally Linpus, now Win XP 1gb ram and 120gb hd)

Enton, Mar 11, 2009
  2. Enton

teaker1s

solid block on daughter board

teaker1s, Mar 23, 2009
Ask a Question