hdmi output to my tv

Discussion in 'Acer' started by shaps1990, Mar 30, 2011.

1. shaps1990

shaps1990

hi ppl i new to all this so here i go, i have a acer aspire x3810 and since i got it from new about 2/3 years ago i always used hdmi cable from my pc to my tv, but the other day i went to use it, it stop working no pic nothing i changed hdmi leeds no difference. the ports on my tv working fine as my dvd palyer plays ok. so i decided to use the standard pc cable to my tv and that works fine so im gueesing it matbe the hdmi port on my pc is broke any ideas

cheers ppl

shaps1990, Mar 30, 2011
  2. shaps1990

donec

Maybe a bad cable?

donec, Mar 30, 2011
  3. shaps1990

shaps1990

I have change the cables they are all fine

shaps1990, Mar 31, 2011
  4. shaps1990

elPaulio Moderator

Hi there,

Sounds very bizarre that it has stopped working out of the blue.
    Can you confirm if there were any changes made prior to it stopping? Driver updates, new software or hardware installed?
    If there were any changes try reversing them and see if it cures the problem.

If not, do you have a PCI graphics card which you are using the HDMI on or is it the inbuilt grahics card and HDMI port?
    If a PCI card you could try removing it, booting up with internal graphics chip then shut down and reinstall PCI graphics card. May just need re-seating.

Other than the above, have a good look at the motherboard with a torch to see if any signs of burnt out componenets.
    Give the HDMI port a good dust out in case its dirty. Do you have anything else with an HDMI in you can try?
    Is there a Function key for switching on and off HDMI? Is there a BIOS setting for HDMI output?

Sorry for rambling, jsut throwing out ideas as they come to me.

Paul :ugeek:

elPaulio, Mar 31, 2011
Ask a Question