HDD vs SSHD vs SSD. A little insight!

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Kojack, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Kojack

Kojack

Hi everyone.

I have been building computers/laptops etc for over 20 years. I have been trying different things, and products. Storage was always one of those things where, you either had Speed....or you had size. Both ended up costing ALOT of money. I started with installing scsi drives in my gaming desktops with controllers on board etc. Then, along came 7200 RPM drives. Followed by Raid systems....Then the granddaddy of them all.....the 10k hard drive. At one point I had 2 128gb 10k drives in raid 0 for my OS/programs and games...and 2 1 tb 5400 rpm drives in raid 1 for redundant storage. My tower was HUGE. Then...the SSD came along. Moving me to a mATX case and one 5400rpm drive and single SSD. Moving along to where I am at today...I use notebooks exclusively now. I have had notebooks starting with an acer 486 model with a 13" screen. right to where I am at now with my dell 15 5000 2 in 1.

Now, moving on to storage today. I have tried HDD, SSD and I currently run a 2tb SSHD. The firecuda. I need alot of storage as my family travels alot and I do alot of photo/video editing. The SSHD has 80% of the speed of an SSD with the storage of a HDD.

For people who are not hardcore gaming...the SSHD is probably the perfect drive for your notebook. Here is a little attached video comparing speeds

Kojack, Oct 29, 2017
    something back likes this.
Ask a Question