HD not recognised!

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Grip77, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Grip77

Grip77

So I exchanged the slow SSD drive with an Toshiba MK4009GAL, but no matter how I connect it the BIOS won't see the disk.
    I can hear it spin up and the hd led is constantly lit, but thats it.

And to top it of now the original SSD has the same problem, so that's a nice start of the week.

I've tried with the original ziff cable and with two cables I bought on ebay, still no go.
    Man does this suck! easy plug and play mod my ass...

UPDATE:
    I't seems that the original SSD drive is found by BIOS.
    The new one on the other hand is not, id does spin up though.
    I've also tried with all currently released BIOS version to no avail.

Grip77, Aug 3, 2009
  2. Grip77

Lefty44

Lefty44, Sep 17, 2009
  3. Grip77

bmwmdriver89

same problem here i have a hitachi HTC426030G5CE00 30 ZIF 40 5 2MB 4200 which has a 5mm ziff and everything i hook it up via usb to my other computer it recognizes it, but when i hook it up to the acer the acer does not reconize it. ive tried varios cables and tried them on the 8gb hard drive. the 8gb ssd hard drive is detected but wont write which is why im trying to replace it. the new 30gb 1.8 hard drive is directly out of a zen vision w that i own so it does work

bmwmdriver89, Feb 1, 2010
  4. Grip77

bmwmdriver89

finally found solution

i finally found a solution i read it off of another post on this forum. one guy says you have to get a zif flip cable for the hitachi to work. you can find them on ebay i just ordered mine which was like $3 including shipping and all that so i hope when it comes it will fix the solution il let everyone know then.

bmwmdriver89, Feb 2, 2010
Ask a Question