Having troubles installing XP from usb CD

Discussion in 'Windows' started by creepinchi, Mar 11, 2009.

1. creepinchi

creepinchi

I'm getting this error on my aod150:

intel undi pxe-2.1 build 082 copyright c 1997-2000
    intel corporation for atheros pcie ethernet controller v1.0.0.13 2008/10/15
    Check cable connection..!
    pxe-m0f: exiting intel pxe rom No bootable device -- insert boot desk and press any key

Since I couldn't boot into anything I thought I would try to install a fresh copy of XP, howevery when I tried to use a usb CD drive and boot the XP install cd I get a Blue Screen when it starts the setup.

I also tried using a usb flash drive and I get an "18" error code.

I would like to re-install XP from the USB CD drive, does anybody know how to resolve the BSOD?

Thanks!

creepinchi, Mar 11, 2009
  2. creepinchi

margol

I've done it seemlessly several times. Therefore, I guess the problem could be with your drive and/or your installation disk. I beleive you have access to another PC. So, try to connect your drive there and check, if the installation starts.
    The only thing you should do in your AAO is to cgange the boot sequence in the BIOS.
    I have no doubts that the use of USB CD drive is the easiest way to install Windows on AAO. Just make sure your drive and disk are fine. Good luck!

margol, Mar 11, 2009
  3. creepinchi

creepinchi

My partition tables were screwed up. I had to repair them. Once this was done, I was able to access the restore partition and just used that to restore my machine to factory settings.

creepinchi, Mar 11, 2009
Ask a Question