Having some problems while installing ubuntu...

Discussion in 'Linux' started by greippi, Oct 8, 2008.

1. greippi

greippi

Hi,
    I made USB boot by unetbootin. Unetboot goes fine but when i boot up computer and start installer the installer stops responding at
    Loading /ubnkern... so basicly right at the beginning of install it gives me this and nothing happens(USB is in idle, CPU is in idle, and it has been in that same state now for 1 hour).
    I'm new to whole linux stuff so please give your answers in simple way.
    I also tried to use liveUSB but i get problems with that too. When program is done with making liveUSB and i try to boot trough it, computer freezes almost at same place but this time it manages to load some stuff out of USB but after that gives some Kernel panic, can't remember specific error but i upload it later.
    Thanks in advance.

EDIT: The message what installer gives while using liveUSB is:
    Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(104,1)

greippi, Oct 8, 2008
  2. greippi

N6546R

Could just be a bad USB key, if you have another one give it a try, or perhaps formatting the bad key will help.

Perry
    www.kidpub.com

N6546R, Oct 8, 2008
  3. greippi

greippi

Tried to format current USB key with no changes. I guess i have to try with another key when i get my hands to one.

greippi, Oct 8, 2008
  4. greippi

greippi

OK problem solved. Like poster above told, the problem was cause by broken USB key.

greippi, Oct 8, 2008
Ask a Question