Having a driver issue with easy & fun touch screen

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by thedark, Feb 7, 2009.

1. thedark

thedark

hello everyone (mods if this is wrong section sry please move)

I thought i had broken my original so i bought another and am having the same exact issue with it

for testing purposes i took one of the usb cables plugged it into the input and plugged the ribbon cable in

1. i copied the content of the cd onto my usb and then copied it to my desktop
    2. so i open up the folder and double click the setup blah blah
    3. i select windows xp
    4. during the installation i select the ps2 filter and caliberate next reboot
    5. it then pops up saying please plug in your control if you havent yet done so and exit the found new hardware (so i do so but i cant really exit the found new hardware it is automatic)
    6. so i proceed it asks if i want to support multiple monitors i hit yes
    7. after installation of the software is done i reboot like it asks then when the computer comes up there are 2 monitors detected but no touch devices
    and the touch panel shows up in the device manager as unknown and not a mouse

i am having the same kind of issue i believe mine is some kind of driver issue the usb hub portion of the controller works great it just doesnt show up anywhere as a touch screen controller

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thank you for your help

thedark, Feb 7, 2009
  2. thedark

jerryt

1) Unplug any USB devices like a "Mouse"

2) Try "update driver" and then choose the proper driver manually?

If the above does not work, I would suspect the wires on the usb side of the controller.

Try wiring to a USB plug and testing on the side USB port and other computers.

jerryt, Feb 7, 2009
Ask a Question