Have you ever accidently broken your laptop?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by lisasian86, May 27, 2016.

1. lisasian86

lisasian86

A few years ago I dropped an entire pint of cider onto my laptop. It promptly died. Have you ever stupidly broken a laptop?

lisasian86, May 27, 2016
  2. lisasian86

IcyBC

Sorry to hear that! I didn't have that type of accident yet and cross my fingers it will keep it that way forever.

Every time I am using my laptop, my cup of liquid must have a lid on it, and I also have keyboard cover for my laptop to keep the crumbs from depositing.

IcyBC, May 27, 2016
  3. lisasian86

Brian8gbSSDLinux

YES.- because I would NEVER Deliberately 'break' my Laptop.

Drinking Coffee while typing reports on my Laptop, I sneezed while gulping down that sweet Ambrosia and sprayed the screen with an indescribable mixture of liquids... some of which managed to infiltrate the lower edge of the bezel (the plastic strip holding the screen and screen protector in place)
    To this day, there is still a 'High water mark' where the liquid 'wicked' up between the screen and the protector, where I cannot reach it.

Brian8gbSSDLinux, May 30, 2016
    lisasian86 likes this.
  4. lisasian86

lisasian86

Hahahahaha, I love that!! Were you completely gutted or did you see the funny side?

lisasian86, Jun 1, 2016
  5. lisasian86

SirJoe

I haven't dropped or spilled anything on a computer as yet, but I did push one of my laptops to much and ended up burning the power port. The computer was working at 110% and all I remember seeing was a puff of smoke come out of one of the vents and that was that. I was only able to use the computer until the battery ran out and never was able to use it again. The repair was too expensive so I ended up buying another laptop.

SirJoe, Jun 1, 2016
  6. lisasian86

sparkster

No, not really. Not anything that I wasn't able to repair myself anyway but that's what I've always done. I've lost count of how many computers I've repaired over the years, not just my own but other people's too and that's not even my job - never has been! It's just something I do from experience. I did fail to repair my last laptop though. Bits had started packing in one at a time, I never got round to repairing them and it died. Having said that, it was well outdated anyway.

sparkster, Jun 2, 2016
  7. lisasian86

oraclemay

I dropped my previous laptop and it would not work properly as the screen needed to be replaced. It could not be fixed and I had to get another one. I got a better quality laptop this time around and I am a lot more careful than I was before. When you have to pay out of your own pocket for technology, you have to be extra careful.

oraclemay, Jun 3, 2016
  8. lisasian86

acer93

I did two really stupid things to my old 8 year old acer laptop, but still it had a long life and went into pension happily (I gave it to a friend who pulled it apart into literal pieces).

I used to travel a lot to my parents house when I was still in University and once dropped the laptop bag with such a force that the laptop itself bended slightly and piece broke down from the side. It was still usable.

And also accidentally poured a whole glass of tea on it, but luckily I was fast and immadietly cleaned it off and it was all right in the end.

acer93, Jun 6, 2016
  9. lisasian86

artyarson

My laptop is kind of lucky. 95% of the time I use it at my home and I don't normally take it anywhere away from my house. We have smartphones for that. However, I remember I was going to another apartment and holding it in my hand. Accidentealy, It fell out onto a concrete floor. Sure, not the best thing to "land" on. Thank God, nothing happened. But I know, I could have easily killed my PC.

So guys, be careful when taking your laptop out!

artyarson, Jun 6, 2016
  10. lisasian86

obliviousme

I actually kicked my laptop once and it fell from my bed, i really thought that's the end of it, but surprisingly, it's worked just fine. No sign of any damage physically and internally. I'm still using the same laptop to date.

obliviousme, Jun 7, 2016
Ask a Question