Has Anyone Updated to OS X El Capitan?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by IcyBC, Nov 2, 2015.

1. IcyBC

IcyBC

I have just received a notice to update to OS X El Capitan on my MacBook and wonder if anyone has taken the leap. I am a stick in the mud so to speak and I don't like changes, especially when I am comfortable with my current usage. I don't want to spend tons of time trying to find my way around again.

If you have updated to OS X El Capitan, will you let me know how it works out so far? Is it better in general like they said?

IcyBC, Nov 2, 2015
  2. IcyBC

GearZ

I have. The upgrade had a couple minor bumps, but nothing that wasn't easy to overcome. On the upshot, some apps that required it now work. On the downside, I'm not as wild on the new docker and color scheme as the old, though, in fairness, it isn't bad.

GearZ, Mar 12, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  3. IcyBC

IcyBC

I won't upgrade then, because I like the way it is right now with my laptop :)

IcyBC, Mar 12, 2016
  4. IcyBC

GearZ

Aight. Well, there is likely no harm in holding off. It wasn't a make or break deal for me, and at least one of the apps I wanted to run required an upgrade. Still, if it is working for you, there is little to no harm in not upgrading with Mac OS X.

GearZ, Mar 12, 2016
Ask a Question