Has anyone tried this - seems too good to be true

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Jaycb, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Jaycb

Jaycb

I discovered this:

http://www.acer-1-soft.co.uk/

while looking for something else - it seems like they've put H-H on an AAO, then done all the pages and pages of tweaks needed to get it working and then put it on a stick. It sounds too good to be true but if anyone has bought one could they let me know - I'd buy one tomorrow...

...or should I wait a bit, and hope that the full release of Intrepid Ibex works "out of the box"?

In fact, can anyone tell me with certainty that Intrepid is intended to work with the AAO out of the box?

Jaycb, Sep 25, 2008
  2. Jaycb

axcairns

Chances are it is simply an ubuntu install on the vendor's AAO including changes from the wiki and other public sources and then copied on to the usb stick.

I strongly doubt they have found solutions to the remaining problems we haven't fixed yet (eg. sound) so those issues would probably still exist on the stick.

Anyone feel like blowing 30 quid to try it?

Allan

axcairns, Sep 25, 2008
  3. Jaycb

Jaycb

That's my fear Allan. If it were as good and as easy and as fully-working as they say, why hasn't anyone who bought it shared it with anyone else??

Jaycb, Sep 25, 2008
  4. Jaycb

daldred

Why not email the vendor and ask specifically whether everything is working (specifying the areas on which we know of unfixed issues on the forums)?

(Perhaps no-one's bought it yet, so there's no-one to comment on the forums!)

daldred, Sep 25, 2008
Ask a Question