Has anyone installed Win 7 Upgrade on AOA 150?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Mickey Way, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Mickey Way

Mickey Way

Hello. I'm planning on getting the upgrade from XP to 7. I ran the Micorsoft Win 7 upgrade advisor and everything is compatible EXCEPT the J Micron card readers. I've been Google searching for two days now and cannot find anything for the AOA150. The Acer site doesn't list any drivers for Win7, and the J Micron site doesn't even list Win 7. And I didn't see anything here on this forum for the 150. Where can I find the correct J Micron drivers for my AOA150? (U.S. version)

Also, I'd like to hear any tips and/or horror stories about installing Win 7 upgrade to the AOA. (I've done plenty of clean PC builds, but never an upgrade, Acer, or a note/netbook.)

Thanks for your help.

Mickey Way, Oct 27, 2009
  2. Mickey Way

Bloodstar

Windows 7 installation went without a hitch for me. Card readers even worked.

Does their site happen to list Vista drivers, though? Vista drivers, as far as I'm aware, are completely compatible with Windows 7.

Bloodstar, Oct 27, 2009
  3. Mickey Way

Mickey Way

I was looking out for Vista drivers, but didn't see any anywhere, and the Acer site only recognizes XP for my AOA. I'm just basing the info off of the "report" that the Win 7 upgrade adviser program said, which is to "update" the JMB drivers for the card reader. Like you said, yours works fine. Chances are I won't have any problems. And, I'm sure as more people start using it, problems will come up and "fixes" will be developed. I just like to have all the parts before I start.

I'm still going to dive into this...I just got back from WalMart with the Home Premium 3 pack...still sealed.

Mickey Way, Oct 27, 2009
  4. Mickey Way

Mickey Way

Well, I just finished upgrading to 7 on my A0A 150. It took 50 minutes from start to finish and went as smooth as glass. The card readers work just as they should with SDHC cards. They are the only cards I use, so I'm not worried about any other card format. The only thing I've seen so far that didn't come through is the Fn splash on the screen when you activate an action like volume up/down or touchpad on/off. I remember seeing this happen to someone else on this site, so I'll have to go back and find the fix for this.

This was too easy!

Mickey Way, Oct 27, 2009
  5. Mickey Way

Kite

Hi,

If you are using the jmicron card readers (Im not sure about a150) , I strongly advise you to get the correct drivers. I have a a110 myself, and I noticed that when I first install windows 7 pro, the card reader drivers werent letting me reach normal speeds with the cards. The transfer rates for the readers quadrupled after installing the correct drivers.

I found my driver here:
    ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/jmb38x/XP_Vista_Win7/JMB38X_WinDrv_R1.00.34_WHQL.zip

Kite, Oct 28, 2009
Ask a Question