Has anyone installed Firefox 3 via Acer's Driver Website

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Aspiration, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Aspiration

Aspiration

Aspiration, Jul 18, 2009
  2. Aspiration

Aspiration

Doesn't work. I did as the instructions say to do and all it says is that its already installed. This is a lie because I still have firefox 2.0
    Obviously Acer doesn't have a clue. Guess I'm not going to try downloading any more software from their support site.

Aspiration, Jul 18, 2009
  3. Aspiration

Aspiration

I finally got firefox 3.5.1 installed. Apparently, what Linpus thinks is firefox is acer's patches for firefox.
    Used the macles website to install firefox. It encountered a ton of errors trying to install it. error 404 can't find file with wget.
    Then another batch of errors while installing that doesn't seem to keep it from working.
    For some weird reason, the macles website says to copy and paste commands into terminal by pressing control shift V.
    It only worked for me when I pressed shift then control then v. Even then, terminal had a lot of hiccups trying to process the instructions and refused to go any further. Finally it decided to quit complaining and installed firefox 3.5 which I updated to 3.5.1 with the help menu's check for updates option.

I tried installing vnc for gnome and it installed ok. How do I get it to work though to access my mac's desktop via its vnc client?

Aspiration, Jul 23, 2009
Ask a Question