Has anyone actually used a "pen" or "pencil" on your screen?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Vash, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Vash

Vash

My Microsoft Surface Pro 4 has a bluetooth "pen", which allows me to use it to write and draw stuff on the screen. I have tired it on several occasions, but I have found it is either me haven't got used to it, or it is indeed hard to use. When I tried to draw a picture with straight lines, it is hard for me to do so without a ruler. Then again, if I use a ruler, I am afraid of scratch the screen.

Apple also came up with a "pencil" for their iPad Pro.

I am wondering how do you actually draw stuff on these devices? For example, if you need to draw a straight line?

Vash, Jun 9, 2016
  2. Vash

sparkster

Doesn't the application you use for drawing allow you to set it to draw a straight line? Seems kind of silly that there wouldn't be an option for that. I did used to do this with my old laptop, as it was a Lifebook with a digitizer pen (which doesn't use Bluetooth). I'm not too familiar with this on more modern computers though so I don't know. Surely, it would be as simple as selecting the option to draw a straight line and then using the pen to create the starting point and end point?

sparkster, Jun 9, 2016
  3. Vash

rz3300

I have not tried it personally, but it seems to my like something that would be cool for about one day, and then after that I would lose interest. It does not really seem to have any real world application, except maybe doing a signature, so outside of that I am not really sure what the draw is. Maybe the draw is the draw, though, in that you can draw and do artistic things on there. That is just not something that interests me though. I think I am as confused as our friend @sparkster

rz3300, Jun 12, 2016
  4. Vash

vinaya

I have never used a touch screen laptop, never used pen/pencil in my laptop screen. I have used phones and tablets with touch screens and used pen on these devices, but never used pen/pencil on my laptop. If I was a designer, I would have until know surely used pen/pencil to draw.

vinaya, Jun 12, 2016
  5. Vash

bngo16

My HP TC4400 is a tablet pc that came with a stylus. I've been able to use it to sign and draw things, but not every accurately. For the Surface Pro 4, I would have thought they'd refine that by now.

bngo16, Jun 16, 2016
  6. Vash

Vash

Well, I do not really know what others use to draw. I have so far only tried Paint. I am also unfamiliar with drawing on computers in general. So basically I am clueless lol. Does Paint have such function to allow straight lines? What other programs are the best for drawing?

Vash, Jun 29, 2016
Ask a Question