Hard-sided case for the AA1?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by RockDoctor, Sep 24, 2008.

1. RockDoctor

RockDoctor

Has anyone found a small, rugged, hard-sided case for their AA1? Right now I'm using my larger-than-necessary attache case which has been augmented by several pieces of carpet padding. Not the best arrangement; my attache case is about twice the size I really need. The best advice I've gotten so far has been to look at portable DVD-player cases, but I haven't seen any hard-sided cases for 10-inch DVD players. I did investigate the aluminum poker chip cases finds in the the games sections of stores such as K-Mart and Walmart. I bought (and returned) a 200-chip case; it was too small to hold the AA1, AC adapter, and power cord. Also, its construction, thin pieces of aluminum over thin, weak fiberboard, is unacceptable. The 300-chip cases I've seen are actually a larger than necessary, about 2/3 the size of my attache case, but the construction is similar to the 200-chip cases.

RockDoctor, Sep 24, 2008
  2. RockDoctor

seaner23

seaner23, Sep 24, 2008
  3. RockDoctor

RockDoctor

It does look pretty good. The irony is that I bought the poker chip set at a Sears store after looking at their DVD player cases and not finding a hard-sided case.

RockDoctor, Sep 25, 2008
  4. RockDoctor

seaner23

just an fyi i picked up that vaultz case from sears. it was on clearance for $10.97 (the website says $29.99 and the store tag said $14.97 so i guess i lucked out). the acer fits PERFECTLY in it with about 1/4 of an inch on the side so you can easily pull it out. the top mesh compartment thing holds the ac charger and a usb flash drive fine. i put my wireless mouse, and cat 5 cable in there and i had to push it closed...it still fit but i don't wanna put that much pressure on it. so i still need to find a way to carry a cat 5 cable and the mouse if i need to carry everything with me. it seems to offer good solid protection, obviously i wouldn't drop an anvil on it, but it seems like it'll handle some bumps just fine.

i also have a canvas mini messenger bag i got at office max on clearance for $5 and that fits everything fine but offers not much protection.

if you have a sears near you it might be a good idea to swing by and see if they have any of these left. for under 11 bucks you can't beat it.

i can take some pics if anybody wants me to.

seaner23, Sep 25, 2008
Ask a Question