Had anyone tried to install Windows on a Mac?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Vash, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Vash

Vash

I know there are people who have installed OSX on a Windows PC. There are also people doing the opposite. As the story goes, someone bought a Mac for the Apple logo, then found out it is "hard" to use due to he always used Windows. Then he went to a third party to have Windows installed on the Mac.

I wonder if a Mac installed with Windows will act exactly the same as a Windows PC? I am just curious. :)

Vash, Jun 15, 2016
  2. Vash

vinaya

When we install Windows on Mac, does it actually work. I mean can we run Mac computers with Windows Operating System? I am curious to know. I have never heard about anyone who installed Windows on Mac. I hope to read about the user experienc on this thread.

vinaya, Jul 4, 2016
  3. Vash

HyperActive

I have a cousin who has done it successfully. It's a very complicated process, I have tried it multiple times but gave up after a few steps. It takes a lot of time and patience. I know it actually does work on a mac laptop, there are videos of people doing it from the start and finishing with the end result.

HyperActive, Jul 5, 2016
  4. Vash

fcuco

Yes, you can do it, and yes, it runs and behaves just like a regular PC since a Mac is a PC (At least the Intel ones), it has the same components internally, you just have to hunt for the right drivers. There are actually several ways to do this, but the simplest way is to use Boot Camp, this is actually an Apple product and it is fully endorsed and supported by them. After installing Window you can then dual boot. Some older models will not support anything beyond windows 7 though.

fcuco, Aug 16, 2016
  5. Vash

Corzhens

I don't think it is practical to install a Windows OS to a Mac or even vice versa although PC users have a reason for that - they want to experiment a Mac OS on a PC just for kicks. And with a Windows OS on a Mac, it wouldn't run properly or should I say it wouldn't run like it would on a Mac because the Apple computer has a partly hardwired OS which makes processing faster. This is just my opinion though.

Corzhens, Aug 18, 2016
  6. Vash

Vash

I know there are people doing just that. Both ways.

More people actually installed Windows on Mac than vice versa. Many people who bought Macs are just average users who do not really need particularly Macs. They just want the status effect comes with using a Mac, but then they realized their limited user experience on Windows make them unable to use Mac at free will. I actually saw it in the news a while back about it. People were taking Macbooks to third party services to install Windows on them.

As for installing OSX on Windows, the number are far fewer. Mostly people who just want to play around to see how it works rather than they really needed OSX.

Vash, Aug 22, 2016
    Corzhens likes this.
Ask a Question