group-app.xml - I cant see the Programs that I installed

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by LinpusMad, Jan 1, 2009.

1. LinpusMad

LinpusMad

Hello,
    I recently installed two games called Pingus and Tux Racer but I wanted to remove Pingus (I got tux racer and pingus from acers ftp site), I Cannot Manage My Live Updates (Internal Error) so I did it through the Advanced way on the Desktop by right clicking on my desktop and going down to the system tab and Add/Remove Software. I looked up Pingus and removed it...No problems. I rebooted and then when I went under the Games tab I thought Tux Racer would move onto the first tab, there was an empty space where Pingus was and there was a still a second tab and Tux Racer was on it. So I went to Remove Tux Racer with Add/Remove Software and I rebooted there was still a second tab. So I decided to Delete a line in group-app.xml file and scrolled down and found this at the bottom.
    Code:
    <app sequence="11">/usr/share/applications/fedora-pingus.desktop</app><app sequence="12">/usr/share/applications/net-tuxracer.desktop</app></dir>
    </xfdesktop>
    and rebooted all my programs that I installed we gone all the default ones were there but not mine under every tab.

Any Help PLEASE? :)

LinpusMad, Jan 1, 2009
  2. LinpusMad

Banny706

What do you mean by second tab? What you have to do in the xml file is to manually edit the sequence numbers of the applications. 0 is first position all the way up to 7 being the 8th. What is happening is that when you uninstall packages, you end up uninstalling the desktop files assocoated with the package but it doesn't uninstall from the xml file. What happens is that the desktop file (icon) is still listed in the xml file even though you uninstalled it. Because the desktop entry no longer exists, the xml file will output a blank. Keep in mind that this doesn't always happen so manually check your xml file from time to time.

Banny706, Jan 22, 2009
Ask a Question