Greetings and Thanks...!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ricaird, Aug 24, 2008.

1. ricaird

ricaird

Hi All,

I managed to get my hands on a blue SSD A110 today, which I'm very impressed with so far! I'm in the UK and been after a netbook for a while, and the AAO was the obvious winner! I wasn't sure whether to go for Linux (I used this a few years back at uni, so VERY rusty, but willing to persevere!) or Windows. I really wanted Linux but was a little put off by the lack of 3G dongle support. Anyway, I plumped for Linux since Currys had a decent £50 off the price of the Linux version this weekend! Hopefully when I get a dongle, there'll be more options available to me.

I'm also awaiting delivery of two more of these netbooks from Amazon at work, where after testing them I may be buying 30-40 of them for use in public libraries.

Anyway, I just wanted to say 'Hi!' to everyone on the forum, and also send out a massive 'Thanks!' to everyone who's contributed to the many beginners guides and tutorials etc! In just a couple of hours I've brushed up on my command lines, upgraded my media player, tweaked several settings using the advanced menus and installed QuakeIII - all thanks to the info posted by people right here. The netbook revolution is just what Linux needed to bring it 'mainstream' and into the high street - but more than anything, people need sites like this and people like you! THANKS!

ricaird.

ricaird, Aug 24, 2008
  2. ricaird

ricaird

Hmm... perhaps now I can see why there was no intros thread! ;)

ricaird, Aug 24, 2008
Ask a Question