green letters on the keyboard

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by suchmuchfun, Nov 7, 2008.

1. suchmuchfun

suchmuchfun

Hello all
    I just bought 2 Acer Aspire One Linux, 8gb computers on Woot.com for my 2 kids for Christmas. They won't be seeing these for almost 2 months, but I went ahead and opened them just to take a look. They box looks normal, but when I opened it some of the keys have green extra writing on them. Should I be worried? I guess I need to fire them up just to take a look, but I want them to be "new" when the kids turn them on.

suchmuchfun, Nov 7, 2008
  2. suchmuchfun

Duncan_Rowland

I believe the green keys are on bilingual keyboards (as required in Canada).
    Not sure of the details/ramifications myself, suggest a search on "bilingual".
    Best, -Duncan

Duncan_Rowland, Nov 7, 2008
  3. suchmuchfun

suchmuchfun

Some other people have posted on the Woot message board that everything seems to be fine, it is just the keyboard that is different.

Somewhat annoying that I didn't know that when buying it though. Hopefully have some time to open them up tomorrow, then wait....

suchmuchfun, Nov 8, 2008
  4. suchmuchfun

Janye

I can confirm this is a Canadian one, as I am typing on one like it now (I have 160 GB, 1 GB RAM model). It is required here to either have:

A: One English keyboard model and one french keyboard model

OR

B: One system with a modified board with bilingual option.

Unfortunately, we tend to get the B option, which make it annoying as they modify the keyboard to make it bilingual. Like, our shift key on the left and the enter key on the right is shorter to accommodate this. I believe that the US model has bigger ones.

Anyhoo, it will function the same nonetheless. :p

Janye, Nov 9, 2008
Ask a Question