Graphics Card issues

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Crackpot, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Crackpot

Crackpot

Hi all, so, my issue isn't really hard to describe, but I have been battling to find a solution for it. I have an Acer TravelMate 5760G, and I enjoy gaming with it. The only problem is a frame rate error that I sometimes get. On a good day I can play any game decently, I get a solid 60FPS on Just Cause 2, and average 40 FPS on Battlefield 3 and Dota 2. That is all well, but on the odd day, my frame rate will fluctuate intensely, so in Just Cause 2 it will go from 60fps to around 30 fps every 2 seconds, and with Dota 2 it will go from 40 to around 10 in the exact same manner. It does not stutter or anything, it just keeps varying very smoothly. It will do this for as long as it deems necessary, and nothing I do seems to help. All my drivers are up to date and I have re-installed them countless times. Its been doing it for 3 days now, which is the longest that its gone for, and numerous restarts do nothing, it seems to be completely random :\. If anyone has any idea as to why its doing this please let me know

Thank you very much.

Crackpot, Sep 8, 2012
Ask a Question