graphic memory

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by polop, Oct 30, 2008.

1. polop

polop

Hi there i read on the spec sheets of the acer aspire one that the graphic memory is set at 8mb - though it also says that this can be changed up to 384mb- here is a quote - "The video chipset is an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator x3100, with its shared memory size set to 8MB, with a maximum of 384MB if you so desire" heres the web site http://www.osnews.com/story/20176/Revie ... Aspire_One i have seen this at several websites and was confused because the reason people say this laptop cant handle games is that there is low graphic memory. if indeed the shared ram can be allocated more to the graphics and then the standard ram be replenised with the 1.5g mod the laptop could handle more strenous graphical tasks. please can some one tell me (us) how to expand the memory allocated to the graphics

polop, Oct 30, 2008
  2. polop

melhiore

This issue has been discussed many times. Use SEARCH please... I believe all your doubts has been already explained...

melhiore, Oct 30, 2008
  3. polop

scrobblix

Hey, polop!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=704
    viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1404

scrobblix, Nov 11, 2008
Ask a Question