Graphic Card and Screen Resolutions

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by mwake4goten, Jul 7, 2013.

1. mwake4goten

mwake4goten

Hi, buying a new computer for the first time in a long time. It will be multi purpose laptop but I would like to be able to play some of the nwer games out there and have settings on low - medium without frame skipping

i used to update my computer every two years in the 90's and 00' and I remember that sometimes whenever I bought a monitor with a bigger screen size the resolution increased and so I needed an even better graphics card to drive it.

I am considering a 17.3 to 18 inch laptop running at 1920 x 1080 because i love big screen sizes but I would like to know if there is a way i can determine which graphics card I should buy that would run most new games at a non glitchy frame rate level when on medium settings..?

Is there a website that would allow me to determine how well graphics card perform with regard to screen resolution.

At the moment I am thinking of buying this computer setup:

4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M GPU with 3GB GDDR5 Memory

I know this is a tricky question but i would appreciate any direct help or signposting,

many thanks

mwake4goten, Jul 7, 2013
Ask a Question