Grand Theft Auto III Running Slow (behave of Serenade)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by KiNG, Nov 9, 2008.

1. KiNG

KiNG

For some reason, GTA III on my Aspire One 1GB RAM is running slowly. I find this ridiculous as it surpasses all the minimum requirements on rockstar's website by quite a bit. I've seen a good number of videos on youtube with eee PCs running vice city faster than me, and even san andreas! I thought aspire ones were just as good or better than the EEEs. I'm pretty disappointed with the gaming capability at the moment, but I'm hoping there's something I'm doing wrong that'll make it run properly.

Thanks in advance guys.

If you can't help the orginal poster with useful information don't bother replying. - thx admin

KiNG, Nov 9, 2008
  2. KiNG

Kei

http://www.peterjmags.com/gta3help/optim.htm

For the people who are running Win XP Pro/Home. Grand Theft Auto 3 works extremely well if you run it in Win98/ME compatibility mode and disable visual themes (all set in properties by right clicking on gta3.exe and clicking "Properties...", then going to the "Compatibility" tab). This has been reported to nearly double your speed.

You will probably want to go over the tips on the site if you still have problems and there is a high fps mod floating around somewhere....

Kei, Nov 9, 2008
  3. KiNG

Serenade

That did it, thanks KiNG and Kei.

Serenade, Nov 9, 2008
  4. KiNG

Kei

No shit....damn i really need to install a new version of XP mine has no compaitibilty options :(

Kei, Nov 10, 2008
Ask a Question